October 15, 2011

End of the Golf Season - What Have I Accomplished?

Wow, I can't believe April was the last time I posted on this site. But, as with many things, life got in the way. I did want to take a little time to reflect on the golf season, my goals, and whether or not I accomplished anything. You may or may not be interested, but you know what, this is my site, so I'll do what I want!

First things first, I didn't really succeed in my goal to get better at golf this year. For several months I was practicing a lot, working on my game, and I think it really was getting better. I was even playing a little bit more golf than I used to. In reality, I was trying to get ready for a member-guest golf tournament I play in every year with my brother-in-law. We've come close to winning it a couple of times and I wanted to give it a real shot to win this year.

That tournament was at the end of July. When it came up, I got all jacked up mentally, ready to go tear up the course, I had my best mens golf pants on, and I was ready to tackle the world. Then, we all drank too much, and by day three I was terrible. It was really pretty disappointing. I don't even think we finished in the top half.

With that disappointment, the golf game just kind of got shut down. I also started working hard on my law practice, working hard on another business I started, and became a partner in a couple of other businesses. Like I said earlier, life just got in the way.

I think, though, that I'm going to try again to work on my game. In Seattle, where I live, it doesn't get that cold. You can throw on your golf pants, throw on your beanie stocking cap, and get out there and play on a regular basis if you want to. And, the driving ranges have heaters. Really there's no excuse not to get out there and hit some balls.

In addition, I'm considering taking some lessons, maybe once a month or so, just to get some things to work on. I'm a little nervous though, because I don't want to get some guy that's going to try to deconstruct my game. I just want to make some tweaks to improve on where I'm already at.

So, that's what I'm going to do. I mean, with all the golf clothes I've got, I've got to make sure I've got some place to wear them right? It really isn't too appropriate to wear my plaid golf pants to the office - it just wouldn't look right.

Moving forward, you can expect me to post more on this blog than before. I'll talk a little bit about my game, a little bit about some of the new cool stuff coming out, and of course, I'll be talking about golf fashion, particularly the new men's golf pants that are coming out and if I can find any great sales.

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment